June 19, 2009

somehow when you smile i can brave bad weather.

I was tagged by Prudence.

Instructions: "with as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess. if you want to join in, tag 6 more blogs."
I tag:
YOU.

1-My heart in a picture:

This is me as a very fat bebe.

2-My heart in a poem:

Thirty Two from "Listen to the Warm" by Rod McKuen
Remember and March
First aid.
Last rites.
The hour-to-hour way we live.
God is in our minds every time we hit the trench;
an hour later true-time takes over
and fills us up with love remembered
or good-time love to come.

I killed a man today.
The only thing I'd hurt before
was you one time while making love
and then I only kissed too hard.

How does it feel to kill?
Like dying lonesome and unloved yourself,
Like cutting living grass,
or losing all your marbles
in a match that wasn't right.

They are not dummies
on an infiltration field
the silent enemy breathes too.
Someone should have told me that
before I ran that endless field.

When true-time takes me over now
after God has held my mind awhile,
I think of love. I love my fellow man
perhaps a little more today.
Tomorrow I'll go gently then
and give the other side a chance.

3- A Song:

This song says everything I want to say.

4-A Quote:
"He who is not busy being born is busy dying."
-Bob Dylan

5-Item of Clothing:

I'm widely known as "hat-girl" because I am often seen wearing outrageous hats. I have one very similar to this one, actually.

6- A place:

I'm forever an anglophile.

7-A Disney Princess:

I really identify with Princess Aurora/Briar Rose and her sort of mischievous wistfulness. Plus I can sleep for very long periods of time.

6 comments:

  1. I adore this blog, just saw your link from Prudence Lennon's page. I like the music on here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much, it means a lot to hear that you like it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i like Bob quote!My heart in a picture is soooo cute!and i should wear hats!
    Rock on Dear El!!!
    Prue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks. c:
    Yes you should! I love hats, they're so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely an anglophile too. But you know this:D

    ReplyDelete